Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Summer Reading (so far)

I had a question from a reader about what books I would recommend since I love to read.  My favorite type of books to read are Christian Fiction, Amish Fiction, and Historical Fiction.  I also like to read mysteries as long as they are not violent, have bad language, or too much "romance" (if you know what I mean.)  I have just finished reading a few books that I would highly recommend and have started two new ones.

The Guardian Duke series by Jamie Carie.  I loved the first two books in this series and can't wait until September when the third comes out!!!  This book covers almost all of my favorite categories: Christian Romance, Historical, and a mystery.  I would highly recommend but carve out some time because once you pick it up you won't want to put it down!

I really enjoyed Where Lilacs Still Bloom by Jane Kirkpatrick.  Read my review on it here.

I also just finished Through Rushing Water by Catherine Richmond.  I will be writing a review on it later this week I also loved Spring For Susannah by the same author.  My review is here.

Next up on my fiction reading list is Beloved Enemy by Al Lacey.

I have also just started King Alfred's English.  I will be writing a review in a few weeks.

If you like to read any of the genres I mentioned, browse through my book reviews.  I have had an opportunity to review several books over the last couple of years.  You can find those book reviews under the Reviews label in my sidebar.

Happy summer reading!!

No comments: