Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Favorite Recipes: Homemade Mozzarella Sticks

Anytime we go out to eat, my children always want to order mozzarella sticks.  They love them!  So I thought it would be fun to make them at home.  I made some yesterday to go with our Chicken Parmesan and spaghetti and they told me they were better than what we get from the restaurant and that I need to make them again!

8 cheese sticks cut in half
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 cup flour
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
spaghetti sauce for dipping

Beat egg and milk together in a bowl.  Place flour in another bowl and bread crumbs in another.  Set up an assembly line with flour first, then egg mixture, and bread crumbs last.  Roll each stick in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.  Put on a plate and freeze 30 minutes.  Heat up oil in a deep fryer.  Drop sticks into hot oil (I did 5 at a time) for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.  Place on paper towels to drain grease and serve with spaghetti sauce. 

No comments: