Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Bought A Laminator!

I had never even thought about buying a laminator, or the many uses for one in the home and the homeschool. After spending some time reading and visiting several homeschool blogs, I decided that a laminator would definitely come in handy. I did not want to spend a lot of money on one, especially because even though it sounded great, how did I know it would be something I would get a lot of use out of? I found this Scotch Thermal Laminator that comes with two pouches at Target for $27.99. A 50 pack of 8.5x11 pouches were $14.99 and a pack of wet erase markers were $4.44

I had an opportunity to use it for the first time today. First, I printed out a couple of printables for Christian and Anthony off of http://www.nickjr.com/. Then, we plugged in the laminator. It took about 8 minutes to heat up and we laminated their printables.


While they were having fun, I laminated a few pages for menu planning and weekly school schedules. It was very easy to use and didn't take long at all. I am sure I will find a lot of good uses for my new laminator.

5 comments:

Tristan said...

Love my laminator too!

Rebecca said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy you got one, too!!!! It really does come in handy...and you can use it for so many things...I started laminating some of our art work....and many of the arts/crafts we create to decorate with...now, I can keep them nice/clean!!!! Congratulations!!!

Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by my blog from the TOS Hop! It's great to "meet" you! :)

kathleen said...

hey, I need one of those! :-) And I am so glad you found that spider, we saw one in the underneath part of the house we rented over there. Well, if you've read my blog, we are moving again...surprise! Not surprised? Neither am I. Joseph will be back to the manufactoring life at a plant in MS. He is really excited and looking forward to it. No more suits! But I will be staying here for a while and...homeschooling everyone again. Oh dear, boy am I nervous about it, but excited too. Well, just wanted to say hey girl...have fun with that laminator! I really do want one!

Lorus! said...

That does sound useful. I can definitely see myself using it for erasable worksheets and menus.