Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Little House on the Prairie the Musical

Why did I decide to travel during the week of the coldest temperatures I can ever remember since I left NY? Some of you may remember how much Chelsea loves Little House on the Prairie. I really enjoyed the books as a child and then spent a whole year with Chelsea studying Laura Ingalls Wilder's books, reading her biographies, and even taking a field trip to her home and museum in Mansfield MO. Then, a few months ago I heard that they had made a musical and it was starring Melissa Gilbert (who played Laura on the TV series) as Ma Ingalls. The closest show to us would have been Little Rock, but it only ran for 2 days on a week night for a 7pm show. With a 2 hour drive each way I knew it would be next to impossible to make it. The ticket prices really finalized the decision for me. The cheapest seats available were $118 a piece. So then I checked to see where else it was playing in Arkansas and found out it would be in Fayetteville the first week of January, there was a 2 o clock Saturday show, and the good seats were only $58 dollars a piece. I called my mom to see if she would be interested in going and we decided to make it a girl's day out. My dad volunteered to babysit the boys. Chelsea doesn't know about it yet. I think she will be very surprised.

No comments: