Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Cinnamon Rolls

I like to make Cinnamon Rolls on Saturday night for a quick and easy breakfast on Sunday morning. I used to do this every week before I was pregnant, but I got away from it for a little while. Last week-end my oven and stove were out of commission so it was cold cereal for us, but the week before I made Cinnamon Rolls using part of my old recipe and combining it with part of the recipe for A Better Cinnamon Roll in Family Fun magazine. These were the best cinnamon rolls I have ever made.

In the Bread Machine:

3/4 cup warm milk
1 large egg
4 TBSP butter
3 cups flour ( I use 1 1/2 cups whole wheat and 1 1/2 cups all purpose)
3 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast

Put on dough setting and let rise. When cycle is finished place on floured surface and knead for 1 minute then let rest for 15. Roll dough out into a rectangle. Then spread on your filling.

For the filling combine:

4 TBSP softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon

Roll up the dough to make a long cylinder and pinch the ends closed, then cut into one inch pieces. Place in a greased 9x13 pan and let rise 30-45 minutes. Bake in a 375 oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool for about 15 minutes then drizzle with icing. I let them cool then cover them to wait and ice in the morning.

Icing:

1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 TBSP milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

If the icing is too thick to drizzle add a little extra milk a drop at a time until it is the right consistency
Post a Comment