Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chelsea's Homemade Christmas Presents


I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We have been very busy and I have not found time to be able to get to the computer, but it seems as though things are slowing down a little bit. Chelsea made some wonderful gifts for Christmas this year that I wanted to share with you.


We went to a pillowcase workshop for 4-H several months ago and Chelsea learned how to sew a really cute pillowcase. She made two more of these at home and gave them to Nick and Alex for Christmas. She also read the book Sewing for Dummies and sewed a table runner and lapkins and gave them to my mom and dad (not pictured.)


For the last several months Chelsea has been working on improving her knitting. The best book we could find for beginning knitters was an Usborne Book called How to Knit. There were several different projects that were very doable for a young girl with no other instruction ( I have never learned how to knit myself.) From this book she made a scarf for daddy, a cell phone case for me, and two little monster toys for Anthony and Christian. Christian loves his and kisses it every time he picks it up. Chelsea worked very hard on all of these gifts and I am very proud of what a great job she did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chelsea, all my friends at work think you are a genius! They said to tell you good work and keep it up!! Love, Nana