Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, January 26, 2008

How To make a Marionette


Today I made a puppet called a marionette. It was really easy and fun. All I did was take a sheet of cardboard, drew the head, arms, body, and legs. All the body parts had to be separate in order for the marionette to move. When I had the marionette all cut out, I painted it, then I punched holes in it to help it move, then I tied it together, then I took two more pieces of cardboard, punched more holes in them, and tied string to them and the other ends of the string I tied to the marionette.

For a basic puppet theater just get a big box cut a hole in the side and the top, and glue paper bags to the inside to hold your puppets when your not putting on a show, decorate it, and you've got a puppet theater, and some fine puppets to go with it.
by Chelsea
Post a Comment