Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Our Week in Review (August 17th-23rd)

 Our last week of vacation before school starts next week.  We did not do anything special at all.  We did have a very pleasant break in the heat after a blazing hot week-end which was really, really nice.  


Our poor sick goat that we have been trying to get recovered for over 2 months took a turn for the worst on Monday.  We had been treating her in every way possible.  We have given medicines, electrolytes, probiotics, special feed, protein, everything we could think of.  I had told the children all week long that even though the things we were doing had been keeping her alive, she had not been getting better at all. Monday night she started eating even less then she had been.  Tuesday she started flat out refusing food, but we continued to give her medicines and her other stuff.   She died during the night Tuesday night.


Wednesday Chelsea brought the babies over.  Willow's birthday present had finally arrived in the mail and we wanted to give it to her.  We had a great day after the early morning sadness. 







I spent a lot of time on the phone.  Ask Emmie, she'll tell you that she'd never seen me spend so much time on the phone and computer as I did Friday-Wednesday ;) The end result was that Alex was given approval to take the welding class.  It starts on Monday.  

Nicholas came home for the week-end, I think.  I saw him for a few minutes on Friday before he went to work and I did his laundry.  He worked Saturday all day, he stopped home to eat, and then went to mow grass for an elderly lady from our church.  He worked this morning, stopped home, and picked up his stuff to leave again.  He did say that his classes are going well so far.

Alex passes his driver's test.  We do not have a vehicle for him to drive.  He is fixing up an old truck but it will take some time to get it done.  Until then I am his chauffeur with the van most of the time and he can use Art's truck to go to work in the evenings.

We have 3 livestock shows in September.  I am hoping everyone stays healthy of course and avoids being any of "contact" so we don't end up quarantined. The longer the Covid things go on the more likely it starts to become.  We know several people that have recently been quarantined for two weeks that never tested positive but had to stay home as they were in contact with someone who was.  Nick already had a teacher out because she was a contact. I wish that they would stop the contact tracing and just ask sick people to stay home.....


I have no idea why they were walking around with this chicken on a stick.....


We are ready to go back to school!  I am excited for the year to start.  We  have a few things that have not arrived yet, but will be starting with what we have on Monday.

Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

I like the chicken on a stick. :)

I'm with you about just asking sick people to stay home. And I think a week of doing mostly nothing before school begins is a wonderful plan!

I'm sorry your goat died. I'm sure it was so sad . . . I know what animal deaths have been like in our family, and they must be just as hard for you all. I'm glad your grandbabies got to come over to make the day joyful. I wish you ongoing joy in all of your endeavors!!