Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 31, 2010

A Visit to the Precious Moments Chapel









I got my first Precious Moments figure when I graduated High School. I thought they were very beautiful and started collecting them for myself and then Chelsea when she was born. Then, when each of the other children have been born my parents have started collecting the birthday train for the boys and the Growing in Grace series for the girls. I have an entire cabinet filled full of Precious Moments Figurines. The Precious Moments Chapel is an hour and a half from my parents in Carthage MO. I had driven past it several times when heading to another destination but had never stopped. Last week we took the children and drove up to Carthage. What a beautiful, peaceful place! It is free to tour the grounds, chapel, museum, and gift shops. They do an hourly guided tour (free) or you can wander through on your own. The murals and the stained glass windows (photos didn't turn out very good of those) were some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The museum had some very interesting items from the very beginning of the creating of Precious Moments. There were also some figurines (like the one photographed above to remember the children from the Oklahoma City Bombing) that are one of a kind. In all my years collecting, there were several there I had never seen before. It was a wonderful trip and a great place to fill you heart with serenity and peace especially if you have lost a loved one.

1 comment:

Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

I was here as a teen. Its an amazing place! I had a precious moments cake topper on my wedding cake. :)

Also love the tiny fish photo at the lake!

Welcome to the crew! I can't wait for the year to start!