Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 17, 2009

Loads of Books

Last week, a friend of mine who is the director at a local Christian School, called me and said she had been cleaning out the classrooms and library. She had lots of A Beka readers and workbooks she wanted to sell $1 for used and $3 for new. Plus, she had books out of the library that she was giving away. We went over and got a van full of books and a complete Hooked on Phonics Program and I only spent $23. We also got some school desks really cheap for the children to do their work in downstairs. This Friday, the children were really excited because the books we had ordered from Rainbow Resource and Usborne were supposed to be delivered. We got both of those orders in and they loved the books I ordered and the kid kits my mom bought for them. Then, I got a phone call from a lady who used to homeschool but isn't anymore. She said she needed the books out of her garage and if I could come and get them that day, I could have them for free! I got 4 boxes of books from K all the way through High School, including many different subjects, and a lot of them were complete sets with Student and Teacher books included. I spent yesterday afternoon sorting books and organizing our school room. You can never have too many books!

1 comment:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Wow! You hit the jackpot, Sweets! Good for you! You know how much I love books!:) Miss you! Lori