Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

They'll Do It When They're Ready




When I first became a mom I was very worried about the milestones in my children's life and if they were doing them at the appropriate time. Everything from crawling, walking, talking, potty training, reading ect... could be compared to what a book said was appropriate or what a playmate was already doing. Luckily the more children we have had the more relaxed I have become, and have realized most of the time when a child is ready to do something they do it. From time to time you still wonder....Shouldn't he be doing that by now?



Nick got a Spider man bike with training wheels for his third birthday. That bike has sat for three and a half years. He was afraid to ride it and was much more comfortable on his Big Wheel. Yesterday he asked me if I could adjust the seat on his bike for him. I have to admit I am not very handy with tools and told Nick to ask daddy when he got home from work. I was out of he house last night for an Usborne Book Party, and when I got home I heard all about how Nick and Alex had not only been riding the bike, they were riding without the training wheels. What a big day! Today they were out there practicing again and even though they are a little wobbly they are doing great. I guess Nick decided he was finally ready to ride his bike. Now we are going to have to get one for Alex too so they can ride them together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Nick and ALEX! Keep riding! Love Nana and Papa

What were up to said...

When there Ready for sure. Tyler's still not ready and Steph has now learned on her own just to have another reason to pick on her big borhter becouse he won't ride his. Oh the fun