Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Homeschool Crew Review: Library and Educational Services LLC

Library and Educational Services LLC is a wholesale supplier of  educational books, CDs, DVDS, games, and more. They specialize in materials for children and carefully review all of their materials to make sure they are not contrary to Biblical values.  They offer a 30-70 % discount to wholesale customers including resellers, educators, libraries, churches, and schools. Homeschoolers are considered educators and are able to create a free account and make purchases!  For this review we were given a credit and able to select: one title from the Who Was...? series, one title from the Lifehouse Theater CD series, and $60 worth of titles from the  Reinforced Hardcover Library Binding Nonfiction books.



For our review we chose:


Who Was Mark Twain?
The Misadventures of Tom Sawyer (Lifehouse Theater CD)
What Would You Do? (set of 8 books)
True Life of Pirates (set of 6 books)



This was not the first time I have ordered from Library and Educational Services LLC.  As a reviewer we had an opportunity to review Go Science DVDs from Library and Ed in 2012 and 2014.  I also have ordered a few things on my own.  Setting up an account is very easy and their prices are amazing!  I have never seen the items we have ordered offered at a lower price.  After ordering we receive our items in a few days.


The hardest part of this review was deciding what to choose!  There are over 150 titles to choose from in the Who Was..? series, 7 in the Lifehouse Theater CD series, and 300 in the reinforced hardcover library binding nonfiction books!  One we chose The Misadventures of Tom Sawyer for our CD, that made choosing a book from the Who Was..? series a little easier.  Even though their were many titles I know the children would have enjoyed, I thought Who Was Mark Twain would be the best choice.  I read the book aloud to my 8,10, 12, and 13 year olds in one sitting.  I had no idea he arrived and died with Haley's Comet!  The Misadventures of Tom Sawyer were broke up over several days.  I thought it was a great way to introduce them to Tom Sawyer and they have loved it.  The voices, story, and sound effects are great and it is a wonderful story.


Choosing the reinforced hardcover library binding nonfiction books was more difficult.  There are so many choices and I have quite an age range in my house.  When I was scrolling through and saw the True Life of Pirates I knew that would be a great choice for my boys.  The books in the set include: Black Bart Roberts, Blackbeard, Captain Kidd, Mary Read and Anne Bonny, Redbeard, and Sir Henry Morgan.  They are full of interesting information any child curious about the real story of pirates would want to read. The reinforced binding makes the books extra strong and sturdy so they will be very long lasting.


The other set we chose was What Would You Do?  Books included in this set are: The Boston Tea Party, Discovering a New World, General Washington Crossing the Delaware, The Gold Rush in California, The Great Battle of Gettysburg, Jefferson's Louisiana Purchase, Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation, and The Underground Railroad.  I thought these books would give the girls a fun perspective on history asking the reader What Would You Do? in critical moments in history.  They have some great illustrations and information and as I said above will be extra sturdy and long lasting.

While I was placing this order, I could not help myself.  I had to order Lily a set of books by Susan K. Marlow, her favorite author.  It was the only set we didn't have, Circle C Adventures and the set was $17 less then I have seen it other places!! She was so excited!

Library and Educational Services LLC has quality items at great prices.  I will continue to be a costumer.  I have a list of things I would love to order!

To see what my Crew Mates had to say, stop by the Crew Blog!

No comments: