Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 8, 2019

Our Week in Review (July 1st-7th)

The house is so different when some of the children are gone somewhere.  Everything changes.  Less places to set at the table.  Less food to prepare.  More chores for the rest of us.  A strange quietness even though the two that are gone are not very loud. 


Monday we were still at the lake.  We went over to the dam and did some fishing.  There were some huge fish in the shallow waters that we could see, but there were also lots of rocks.  We caught some catfish and I caught a scary monster fish (long nose gar) that broke my line just before he was reeled in all the way (I was glad.) Alex had also caught a bass when fishing on the boat the day before.




Tuesday we headed home and started the laundry and clean up. 


Wednesday we were off to Texarkana for the day.  We went to the movies (boys to Spider-man girls and Liam to Toy Story 4) got some supplies that the boys needed for their trip (shopping with teenage boys is just as hard as shopping with teenage girls) and went to Sams Club.  It was a long day.


Thursday was 4 th of July but fireworks here were not until Saturday.  The girls made a cake.


Friday we did lots of house cleaning and van cleaning.  Lily has wanted to learn about sheep.  She wanted to show a sheep this year but I told her that she had to wait until next year to show one and could spend this year learning about them.  We have some friends that show sheep and she invited Lily to come over and help her with them.  She learned how to walk it, brace it, and got to help bathe them.

Saturday Nick and Alex left for D.C for Citizenship Washington Focus.  They headed to Little Rock to get on a bus and spend the night driving.  They arrived in D.C. around 2:00 Sunday afternoon.  They will return home (for a few days) next Saturday.

We went to the lake so the children could swim and then we could watch the fireworks.


We started reading Tunnel of Gold by Susan K Marlow and The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli.  We will start working on a study of Ancient Rome from Homeschool in the Woods next week.

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

I agree completely about how the house changes when even 1 or 2 kids are gone. And yes, yes, yes to how there are more chores for everyone left at home. :) You all are such amazing campers/fishers/outdoorspeople! I feel inspired by seeing how good you are at getting out and away, but I've not managed to act on that inspiration yet. I hope the fireworks show at the lake was a good one, and I wish your boys safe travels!

In response to the comment you left on my most recent post, I think you are an excellent parent, and I'm adding you to my prayers.