Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 22, 2019

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 32

I had this moment this week where I was somewhere just watching my children and listening to them laugh and play that reminded me how very thankful I am to have the time that I do with them and how much I enjoy being with them.  NOT that every day is easy and Not that I dont look forward to bedtime and the end of the day sometimes or send them out in the afternoons just so I can have 10 minutes of peace and quiet or that I never get frustrated or impatient (I do way more then I should) but I am so thankful for the time I have to be with them watching them grow into amazing people.

Week 32 in our Homeschool

Bible: We did 4 lessons in the 10 Minute Bible Journey.

Read Aloud: We started Badge Of Honor by Susan K Marlow ( I have read these to the boys a few years ago but not to the girls) and are still reading DragonKnight.

History: We finished Week 4 in Pathway to Liberty and started week 5.  Lily's level still has her reading a biography on Henry Ford ( I am reading this aloud) and Christian and Anthony have started reading about The Great War in War, Peace and all That Jazz A History of US by Joy Hakim.  I am not a fan of this series.  It is very opinionated to me.  We have had lots of discussion on author bias and the differences between fact and opinion.

Poetry: We are working on The Hayloft by Robert Louis Stevenson.

Art: This week we did another lesson on Ancient Egyptian art.  It was on gardens.  The children did soft pastel garden drawings.  ( I forgot to take pictures of them)

Individual School: Emmie did 2 lessons in Singapore Math.  Each one took her two days to complete.  She read the story In My Backpack in All About Reading Level  2 and worked on Reading Eggs.

Lily copied and illustrated the poem The Hayloft for her language arts.  She also worked on her Little House in the Big Woods papers and completed 4 days in math.  She started a new review from EdAlive.com learning how to type.

Christian and Anthony completed 4 days in math.  They completed Step 18 in AAS Level 6.  Christian worked on a review of EdAlive called Math Invaders and Anthony started working on a Spelling Tutor review for Dyslexia Gold.

Other Activities this Week:

Monday was the 4 H Egg and Dairy Contest.  I did not get any pictures of them making their food.  I was trying to get some school work done with some of them in the morning and then we had Liam in the afternoon.  Nick and Emmie made cheesecake (he helped her with hers.)  He won 1st she got a participation for hers.  Lily made Oreo Cookie Balls and got a participation.  Christian made Key Lime pie and won 2nd.  Anthony made a French Toast Bake and got a participation.  Alex made egg casserole and won 2nd.

Lily and Christian taught Liam how to hold a baby chick.  They have a mix of feathers and down right now and are past their cute stage.





During the break while waiting for judging the children wanted to go to the park.  They didn't want to go to the playground though they wanted to go to the Nature Trail.  The girls had a camera and took lots of pictures.  They had a good time.


Tuesday the boys had trap.  One of the ladies that works at Grandview brought out supplies for the girls to make walking sticks and then took them on a hike.  They had the best time!  They have to entertain themselves quite a bit at these trap activities and it was very sweet of her to do that for them.

Wednesday We had Kid's Club and Children's Choir.

Thursday the girls had music and Emmie had dance.  Alex practiced cooking chicken.





We also made adjustments to the ROV and tested it in the bathtub.  We need to get back to a pool.




Friday we had a 4 H meeting at Grandview.  We earned our Conservation Patches by taking a half mile hike and talking about conservation.  We also fed an alligator minnows.





Then we went to the Good Friday church service.

Saturday there were 2 trap shoots, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.





Sunday was Easter!





All 5 of the baby rabbits died the day after they were born.  I do not think she made a nest big enough to keep them warm enough.  We should be having baby goats soon.



I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

Aflyonmyhomeschoolwall said...

Oh, how sad about the baby rabbits! I assume baby goats are hardier and will be all cute and adorable for a while. I sure hope so!

What a lot of remarkable experiences! Does it surprise you when you write it all down and see the cool things you're doing? Or does it feel remarkable as you live it? I mostly think we do very mundane living, but I wonder if it looks interesting to people outside of our household.

Congrats to your 4-H participants and winners!

I love the picture of the jacket full of chicks. :)