Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 10

If you read my post on State Fair 2018 you already know that Monday we did not have school because we were showing goats (or watching goats being shown) and freezing. 


Tuesday morning Lily had to go to a recheck on her knee.  She has to do her exercises for a month but other then that is fine.  Later that day we had to go to Nick's Parent Teacher Conference at the school and the girls had gymnastics. Lily did fine without her brace.

 Wednesday we discovered that the Mini Rex rabbit with the mystery injury had died during the night :( We also had Kid's Club.



Thursday Lily had piano and Emmie had dance.  Lily and I went and walked the Nature Trail at the park while we waited for Emmie.

Friday I took the children to Texarkana to do some shopping.  Since we jumped right from summer to winter we needed to get some clothes.  The 4 younger children had outgrown everything.  They still need a few things but at least have pants and some shirts that fit. It was a long day. After being home for an hour, the girls and I headed out to a birthday party and the boys watched Solo while eating pizza at home.

Saturday Liam came over to spend the day and the night so his parents could go to Hot Springs for their anniversary.  The sun was shining and we were so thankful!  We spent most of the day outside.  Liam was very good, but reminded me of the way his mama used to sleep, taking up as much of the bed as he could and wiggling around all night.  If  I were a person that could take a nap, today would be a good day.



 Christian found a stick bug and showed it to Liam.  He wasn't sure what to think about it.



Week 10 in our Homeschool

Bible: We completed 4 lessons in Bible Study Guide For All Ages.

Read Aloud: We read 4 chapters of YWAM Milton Hershey.

History: We read lesson 14 in America's Story on The Cold War.

Science: We continued working on lesson 7 in Apologia Human Anatomy on blood.  We made a model using different items to represent the components of blood and used a magnet to remove iron from cereal.






Music Appreciation: We completed chapter 15 on Johann Strauss and The Beautiful Blue Danube.

Spelling/Reading: The boys completed step 25 in AAS Level 5.  Emmie completed lessons 11 and 12 in AAR Level 2.

Language Arts: Christian and Anthony wrote key word outlines and paragraphs on The Donkey and His Driver.  Emmie completed 4 lessons in Language Lessons for a Living Education.  She had a lesson where she was supposed to write her own simple poem but that was overwhelming for her no matter how many simple examples I gave, so we moved on and will try that again another time.  Lily completed 4 lessons in Hake/Saxon Grammar. 

Math: They completed 4 lessons in MLFLE.

A community service project that I have been working on for our 4 H Club for over a month fell through which was very disappointing.  But we will just do something else for our meeting.  I am trying to get the 4 H STEM Club going again and had to change my meeting plans for that as well, but I think the project idea for this month will be fun. 

I think sometimes people don't think about how many things I have going on all of the time.  I can't be everywhere all at once and I can't keep changing things to accommodate everyone even though I wish I could.  And also some forget that I am homeschooling during the day.  I have been making it a point to ignore texts, phone calls, and emails during school hours.  A few here and there are okay (especially when it is people that know it may be awhile until I can get back to them) but lately it has just been crazy.  My priority during the day is on my children and school and people are just going to have to understand that.

Now I need to go look over the work my two high schoolers completed this week.

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: