Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Virtual Fridge: Castle Drawings

This week in geography we have been studying Germany.  One of the things that we did some research on were castles.  We read about the 10 most famous castles in Germany and did castle drawings for our weekly art lesson.

I had a really good art book from Usborne that had great step by step drawing instructions and one of the lessons was on castles.  I remember Nick drawing them when he was in kindergarten and we did a unit study on knights and castles.  But I could not find the book!  It has been a few years (Nick turned 15 today!) So, I googled step by step instructions for drawing castles and came up with this link.

I had my four youngest working on this project.  They used pencils to draw and colored pencils to shade the drawings in.  It took about an hour from start to finish.




Emmie (5) is top left, Lily (7) top right, Anthony (11) bottom left, and Christian (9) bottom right.  Christian decided to add a fire breathing dragon to his and some knights on the top of the tower shooting at him.

I am linking up here

.
Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: