Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Our Week in Review (July 18th-24th)

It has been hot here in SW Arkansas!!

We took advantage of the Back to School sales and did some shopping for school supplies for the new year this week.  I loaded up on crayons, pens, glue, colored pencils, and paper and also grabbed some notebooks and other items we needed.  There still are a few more things I need that I could not find at Walmart.  I had been saving all of my Savings Catcher money for months and used that money to buy my supplies so they didn't cost me anything!

After we were finished shopping and had lunch the children wanted to swim.  There were some gray clouds getting kind of close to our house and I was so hoping it would rain.  It did!  For only 15-20 minutes.  The children enjoyed swimming in the rain and it made it cooler for me to sit and watch them.  Of course after it ended it was even hotter outside then it was before!


We also got to go to the movies this week.  We waited until Saturday so Art would be able to go with us and Chelsea was able to go as well.  We saw Finding Dory.  It was a very cute movie.

The children gave my van a bath before we went.




We had a sunflower grow that we did not plant. I love sunflowers and was very happy to see it!


For school work this week we accomplished quite a bit!  I also have been busy cleaning out crates, clearing off shelves, and rearranging to get ready for the new school year.

We completed 3 lessons in VeritasBible.com.  We did two days of Foreign Language for Kids by Kids.

We started working on a review of a wellness curriculum called Way Comes Home.  We watched the introductory videos, decorated the journal covers, and completed the first module.



The girls and I started working on a new review of a phonics and grammar curriculum called Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar.  I have Lily using the grammar workbook and Emmie using the phonics workbook.  Lily completed the first lesson and Emmie completed one letter in the phonics book.

Emmie also started working on the first unit in My Father's World Creation from A to Z on the sun.  She finished the first two days of the unit and has completed the picture card page and handwriting page.  Sh is doing a science experiment on the sun by turning grapes into raisins.

She was so sweet reading her Creation book to Nick one day.



We also extracted DNA from a strawberry this week.  That was a fun experiment!


Christian has been working on a series of Stop Motion movies.  I love his creativity!

Here is one of his movies.

And part 2.

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: