Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Curriculum Choices for the 2016/2017 School Year: Kindergarten




When my boys were in kindergarten, I didn't buy a formal curriculum.  At 5 they were much happier playing then doing school work.  They did tag on with older siblings and we would pick topics of interests (knights and castles, animals, Egypt, etc...) to study.  We read lots of book, introduced numbers and basic math concepts and letter and phonics.  That was more then enough for them.  But when my Lily was going into kindergarten she wanted real school work like her older brothers and sisters.  I searched and searched trying to figure out what I should use and my search kept leading me back to My Father's World.  I bought the God's Creation from A to Z basic package and we had such a great experience with it I am using it again for Emelia this year.

What I like about MFW God's Creation from A to Z


  • Biblically Based
  • Short Lessons
  • Flexible
  • Lots of hands on activities
  • Worksheets reinforce the lessons but there is no extra "busywork"
  • strong phonics foundation
  • great literature choices

MFW sells a literature pack to go along with the curriculum, I did not purchase this.  This pack has a suggested picture book to go along with each unit. I had many of the selections on my shelf already and bought the ones I did not have from Amazon.  There are some great choices that have become favorites.



In addition to the MFW K, Emmie will also be participating in other family school work activities. Our morning school work activities include:

Bible
Morning Read Aloud
P.E.
Art
IEW Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization


I can't believe my baby is in kindergarten.  She actually has started already.  She was so excited when the worksheets came, she wanted to start right away!


I will be posting my curriculum choices for the other children (2,4,5,7,9th grades) over the next several days.

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: