Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 22, 2013

Favorite Recipes: No Dough Pizza

Looking for a different way to eat pizza?  We love pizza but the fats combined with the carbs just aren't a good combination.  So I have been trying out some different kinds of "crusts."  This was super easy to make and it was really, really, good.

8 oz of cream cheese softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup of of Parmesan cheese

Mix all three ingredients together well.  I just threw them in my Kitchen-Aid.  Grease an 11x7 pan well, or a 13x9 if you want it a little thinner.  Bake in a 400 degree over for 8-12 minutes until it is golden brown.  Remove from oven.  Allow to cool for a few minutes.  Top with sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite toppings.  Put back in the oven under the broiler until the cheese is completely melted.  Cut into squares and serve.  This pizza seems to do better when eaten with a fork.

I topped this pizza with chicken, tomatoes, and mushrooms.  But you can top with whatever you like!

2 comments:

Lorus! said...

What a great idea! I have been trying to not combine my carbs and fats and still feed my family food they like. (I've been reading the Trim Healthy Mama book)
Thank you for sharing!

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

I am reading Trim Healthy Mama too! i actually will be posting about the book as soon as I get caught about on some other things. I love the book and have been making changes to the way we eat.