Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Splurging (a little) On Books Of Course!

The other day I received a check in the mail that was completely unexpected.  It was money that was owed to us but I really never expected to see.  We decided to use some of it for "educational supplies."  There wasn't really anything that I had to have right now, so I decided to use it for some books that have been on my wish list for awhile.  I headed over to www.christianbook.com to decide what I was going to buy.  Books are just one of those things that you can never have too many of and there are so many that I would love to buy.  Alex (8) has been interested in "reading" the Narnia Books (which we have) but his reading ability is not advanced enough to read them yet and he did not want me to read them to him.  I decided to get them as an audio book and found the Chronicles of Narnia  Focus on the Family Radio Theater Audio Drama on CD for $25.99.  All of the boys were  really excited to get it and I have loaded it to their mp3 player so they can listen at night before bed.  It will be great for when we go on vacation too.  I also bought books 1-6 of the Sugar Creek Gang hoping that it will be something my boys will really like.  Other than Narnia, Imagination Station, and some Star Wars, we really don't have a lot of chapter books geared towards boys.  Chelsea asked me to buy one of the Left Behind the Kids books that our library does not have.  I picked out one of the My First Little House books for Lily.  I didn't buy just fun books though.  Since I was placing an order anyway, I did pick up The Mystery of History Volume 2 to use next year for history.

1 comment:

JKMac7 said...

We love audio books here and Narnia is one of the favorites!! I need to look into the Sugar Creek Gang books. We love listening to it on the radio so I'm thinking my kids would like the books too.

I only have one boy and he is just now learning to read so my job of finding "boy-approved" material is just beginning...girls are so much easier!!!

Enjoyed reading your post...glad to know there's yet another book lover out there!