Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Children Simply Amaze Me

I never understood how some people can look at a baby and believe that man evolved from apes and that miracles don't exist.  Babies are one of God's greatest miracles and we get to watch these precious miracles change and grow right before our eyes!

All of the growth and changes children grow through are amazing to me.  Children have the greatest capacity for love, trust, and faith.  Everything they see around them in this beautiful world we live in is amazing and exciting to a child.  I have been reminded of that more and more over the years I have been homeschooling and I have had the opportunity to watch my children learn.  Things like nature walks, growing a garden, studying insects, raising chickens simply amaze my children.  All of those things that we as adults take for granted they are awed and inspired by.

I love being able to see and experience their growth and amazement.  Right now I have a 13 month old, 3 year old, 5 year old, 6 year old, 8 year old, 10 year old, and 15 year old.  Some people have favorite ages or stages that their children go through, I love them all!  I love snuggling with a newborn and then watching them as they learn about and explore their world around them.  All of those precious little firsts.  My 13 month old has definitely become her own little person and I love watching her figure new things out.  My 3 year olds imagination is truly amazing!  She goes from dollies, to bad guys, to cars, to fighting giants in the back yard.  I love hearing her say, "Let's pretend" and she will tell you what we need to be pretending.  My 5 year old is one tough little guy.  I love watching him playing cowboy.  He has the patience to sit n the hill and wait for a butterfly to land so he can catch it.  He loves being able to protect mommy by killing a spider.  He  loves to show how tough he is by jumping off high things and riding his bike down the hill.  My 6 year old has an amazing talent for art and building things.  He gets the greatest ideas that I have ever seen in a child his age and he figures out how to do them all on his own.  Not just drawings, but 3 dimmensional sculptures!  Amazing!  My eight year old loves tools and building things with his hands.  He knows his way around the shop and loves helping his daddy work.  My 10 year old loves sports.  Not just playing and watching them, but memorizing their stats and knowing everything about the game.  I even love the teen-age years.  Yes they can be difficult (every stage is) but I get to watch my daughter grow from a child into an amazing young lady that can be successful in every social situation she is faced with.  I get to enjoy conversations with her about "grown up" topics and watch her develop into the young lady God intended her to be.

Seven children all in the same family, but so different.  They all were designed by God and given different talents and strengths.  I am s blessed to be able to be their mother!  If you need a different perspective n life and what is truly important, try looking at it through the eyes of a young child.

And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

1 comment:

John said...

Love those thoughts! You have a beautiful family.