Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Getting Ready for Baby

In between sickness, schoolwork, housework, transporting children from place to place, and did I mention sickness? I have been trying to get everything ready for our Baby Sister who by the way is "due" next Friday. There was such a big gap between Chelsea and Nick (and honestly we didn't even know if we were going to have more children) that I donated or gave all of my baby stuff away. After buying everything new for Nicholas, I told Art that we would have to have another baby to get our money's worth from everything we bought. After 9 more years and 5 more children, I don't think that's a problem!

Lily has been a great help to me getting everything ready. She was a March baby too (she will be 2 on the 15th) so baby sister will be able to wear all of the clothes that Lily wore and a lot of them still look brand new (especially the 0-3 month size.) Lily loves new clothes and was trying to put on everything that we washed. Then she would say, " That doesn't fit me. That's for baby sister." After a while I thought she would get tired of that so I pulled a spring dress out of the closet for Lily that she hadn't worn yet and she was thrilled to wear her new dress and put away clothes for baby sister.

The crib doesn't ever come down. It just sits beside my bed waiting for the new baby to be born and start using it. I did wash the bedding the other day and made up the crib so it is all ready whever she is. Most of our babies do spend some time sleeping in the bed with us at night (it is so nice to be able to nurse the baby and fall back to sleep especially when they are eating every hour and a half!)

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful church family. My Sunday School Class threw me a diaper/wipes shower 2 weeks a go at church. We are well stocked with diapers, baby wipes, baby lotion and shampoo. I also got some gift cards which I bought an outfit for the baby to come home in (so I will be able to tell her apart in pictures from Lily some day) and I am going to buy a new bouncy seat. The one we have now coverts to a rocking chair , holds up to 30 pounds, and Lily still uses it quite a bit. I did get a few little clothes and the most beautiful homemade burp cloths you have ever seen. I do not know how I am going to use them for what they are supposed to be for. They are too pretty!

I broke down the other day and even packed my suitcase. I always procrastinate on this and it stays empty until the last minute. A doctor told me once," You have a wonderful husband, but do you really want to rely on him to pack your bag?" All taken care of so he doesn't have to worry about taking on that task. The car seat is also washed and ready to be put in the van with the suitcase. Hmmmmm the van. Maybe we will clean that out today. That's one thing we haven't done yet.

I had intended on doing some freezer cooking before the baby was born. One of the hardest things for me after having a baby is getting back into the cooking/shopping routine. With everyone being sick (including me) it just did not happen. I am going to buy some extra frozen meals/canned foods when I go shopping today and hopefully that will hold us over for a little while after the baby is born. Art works across the street from Walmart and is always willing to go and get what we need even though he strongly dislikes having to go to Walmart.

Okay, we have all the stuff ready. Now we just need the baby to go with it. Anthony has been asking me a lot lately if it is time to get the baby out yet. We have been telling Christian for a long time that the baby needed to grow in my belly until she is ready to be born. Every day he stares at my belly and says, "I see your belly growing. I think the baby has grown and is ready to come out now." Lily comes over and kisses my belly all the time saying she is kissing baby sister. Nick, Alex, and Chelsea are pretty familiar with the whole having a baby routine and know what to expect. It won't be too much longer and she will be here!

No comments: