Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baby Tomorrow!

Well we are 39 weeks pregnant and headed to the doctor for what I thought would be a quick check-up. I really believed I was going to be pregnant for another week or two. But, my blood pressure was high. Not dangerously high and there was no protein in my urine, but my blood pressure is always the same and never in any of my pregnancies has even been a little bit high. I also lost a pound and still measured for 38 weeks. So my doctor was a little concerned. She said I could either go on bed rest until I go into labor on my own with visits to her every other day to monitor me, or go ahead and induce labor. I am 3cm dilated and 75 percent effaced and so I elected to be induced in the morning. I also had to have a non stress test while I was there which was also a first, but the baby did fine. So, we will be heading to the hospital at 4:00 tomorrow morning to be there before 5:30 so they can get my paperwork done and Pitocin started. Hopefully my doctor will come break my water by 8:00 am and we will have a new baby by the afternoon. Prayers for an easy labor, healthy baby, and great nurses would be appreciated!

5 comments:

Just an Average American Mom said...

WOOOHOOO!

Will be praying for you and can't wait to see the baby pics!!

Tristan said...

Praying for a smooth, uneventful labor and delivery!

Alina said...

That is great news! well not the high blood pressure, but the baby coming :) You must be so excited to meet her!! Tomorrow is a new moon so it is an excellent day to be born. Fingers crossed for an easy delivery and happy healthy bouncing baby girl :)

i cant decide said...

Can't wait to see your baby announcement! Praying and best wishes for a wonderful birth.

kathleen said...

I will be thinking of you!