Our Family

Our Family

Friday, September 2, 2016

August Nature Seekers 4 H Meeting

For our August meeting, I usually have some kind of craft that the children can make and then enter in the fair in September.  We have done a variety of things over the years, magnets, bookmarks, sand art, puppets, foam crafts.  This year I wanted to do something completely different then we have ever done before.  I searched and searched Pinterest looking for something that would suit my wide age range and what little money we have left.  I finally decided to do some Sharpie Art.

Originally I thought we would decorate coffee cups, but when I went to go buy the .88 white ones at Walmart they were all out.  So we ended up doing plates instead. I think it worked out better because plates are easier to draw on.





The girls did hearts and flowers, Anthony and Christian did Minecraft things, and Nick and Alex did 4 leaf clovers. I have read that you can bake these in the oven and it will set the design so they can be eaten on and washed in the dishwasher, but I did not try that.  Ours are going to be for decorative purposes only.


We also worked on some decorations for our fair booth.  The fair is next week!

No comments: