Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 1, 2011

Not Back to School Blog Hop- Curriculum Week

Not Back to School Blog Hop



It takes months of researching, planning, and preparation for me to make my final curriculum choices for my family.  My biggest goal for this year was to not only find things that they (and I) would find interesting and enjoy learning, but to plan on doing as much as we possibly can together.  My children love doing hands on projects and that's how they learn best.  This year I will have children in grades 10,4,2,K, pre-K, plus a 2 year old and an infant.  I am really excited about our curriculum choices this year and know we are going to have a great year!

Elementary Curriculum:

History-Mystery of History Vol 1 Creation to Christ
Science- Apologia's Zoology 1 Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day
Bible-readings to go along with MOH
Math-Abeka
Spelling- All About Spelling
Art- Artistic Pursuits
Reading (for 2nd grader) The Reading Kingdom
Writing (for 4th grade) Writing Tales

High School Curriculum:

History: Mystery of History Vol 1
Bible- Assignments to go along with MOH
Science- Apologia Biology
Math-Abeka Algebra 2
Latin-Classical Academc Press
Art-Artistic Pursuits
Literature/Writing-Excellence in Writing American Literature

My 4 year old and 2 year old will be tagging along as interested and I also will be using Before Five in A Row and the Brill Kids Little Reader program with them.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey - stopping by from the blog hop. We have some similar items - WOOT. Enjoy your curriculum year! Blessings.

Tristan said...

Hooray for big families learning together! I always love reading your posts. Have a great year.

Dawn said...

Dropping in from the blog hop. You have some great plans.
Blessings,
Dawn

Kim said...

Dropping by from the blog hop. Enjoy your choices this year! :-)

Autismland Penny said...

Dropping by from the blog hop. SOunds like a great year! We like to do lots of stuff together too!