Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Not Back to School Blog Hop School Room Week




Where do you do "school?" This is a picture of our schoolroom/playroom. Usually the shelves are filled with books, desks line one wall, and toys line the other. Right now, we are under construction and will not be starting our school year in our school room. The shelves and walls are getting a new coat of paint, the cupboards are getting drawers made that pull out and can store toys in, and the floor is getting brand new tile. I would like to get a table for Art projects, and a small carpet and bean bag chairs for a reading area also. I can't wait for this project to be completed. It is going to take awhile, but will be worth it. So, in the meantime, we will be doing "school' in the living room and at the kitchen table. I expect this to be the hardest on Nick (8) who really likes being able to go down to his desk and do his independent work without anyone bothering him. I will probably have to ban Alex, Anthony, and Christian from the dining room while Nick is working. We may be a little more disorganized than usual with books and supplies not all being in one space, but we will manage just fine until we "move" back downstairs. I am really excited about starting school back up again and can't wait to get started on some of our fun projects!






Not Back to School Blog Hop

6 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing, it looks like it will be an awesome schoolroom. I dream of a wall of shelves and drawers - good job! Enjoy your school year!

Katy said...

What a fantastic room! I love the shelves!!! I bet it will look great when you get all the renovations done! I hope you have a wonderful school year!

MissMOE said...

Wow! What faboulous shelves. Please post again when you are finished with your project. I think the bean bag chairs sound perfect for snuggling down to read.

Lena said...

i like it already. i can't wait to see the finished project.

have a blessed school year.

z said...

OOOHHHH!!! That's going to be an AWESOME room!! Very cool - thanks for shairng!!

Anna P said...

Wow, I LOVE how much storage is in there! Have a good year!