Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Scary Moment

It was a beautiful morning and the three little ones (3 older children are at my parents' house for the week) headed out to do some chores and play. We took care of the dogs and checked on the chickens, and I told the children to go and play in the sandbox for a little while before it got to hot to be outside. Something (thank you Lord) made me go into the sandbox before them and I moved some of their toys around. When i picked up one of their dishes that they "cook" in, out crawled a Black Widow Spider. I scooted the children onto the patio and killed it. I am proud to say that Anthony (5) recognized it and knew it was poison. It is actually the third Black Widow that I have had to kill in 3 years (somehow they are always spotted when Art is at work) but never so close to where they play. I took the opportunity to spray all around the swing set and sandbox and will definitely check the sandbox before I send them into it again.

2 comments:

i cant decide said...

That is scary! I'm so glad you found her before someone else.

Cheryl said...

Ugh!! I dislike spiders so much! They give me the chills up my spine, I'm glad that you found them before your babies did. Thank you for stopping by my blog.