Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Ordered Some New Homeschool Products!

I am a curriculum junkie. I love to browse through catalogs, look through exhibits at Homeschool Conventions, visit websites and read reviews. I love books of all shapes, sizes, and colors. I did not have to purchase hardly anything this year because of a large amount of curriculum that was given to me or that I picked up very inexpensively last year. There were a few items I was looking for (some wants, some needs.) This is what I ordered on Monday:

Revolutionary War Time Travelers CD from Homeschool in the Woods $28.95. I love history and am teaching Nick and Alex American History this year. I was looking for a fun, hands on Unit Study for the Revolutionary and Civil Wars and heard about http://www.homeschoolinthewoods.com/. The sample lessons looked great and I got some great reviews. If you are looking for fun hands on history check out this website. They also have a study on Composers and Artists, time line figures, and maps. I can't wait to get it in the mail!


Super Star Speech $18.95- Anthony is almost 5 and is still struggling in his speech. He is such a sweet, smart boy but he gets very frustrated when people can't understand him. I heard about this product through last years TOS Crew Reviews on http://delightinginhisrichness.blogspot.com/. To see the Super Star Speech products go to http://www.superstarspeech.com/



Visual Manna's ABC's of Art $14.95. My children are very artistically talented. I am not. Crafty yes, but my stick figures don't even look good. All of the Art teachers I can remember were not very nice and so Art Class was not fun for me. I wanted to find a book that I could use with all of the children once a week that will teach them more Art type skills and that we can have some fun with. I found this product at http://www.visualmanna.com/.


I ordered all of these from The Old Schoolhouse Store where shipping is always free! I will write reviews on these products after I get a chance to use them.

3 comments:

momma24 said...

I'm a curriculum junkie as well! I just love getting new stuff to try. :-)

Debbie Phillips said...

I too am a curriculum junkie. I have shelves full of books and boxes of books that won't fit on the shelves. Yet, I still have a wish list for this year for school and dh and I are going to go through it today and purchase for the coming year. I can't wait to know my books are on their way.

My boys LOVE the Time Travelers CD's. We did Explorers last year and I am ordering Rev. War and Colonial Life for this coming year.

Denise said...

I too am a book/curriculum junkie!! Happily, and sadly for our crowded tiny house, so is my husband and 4 children! History, too, is our favorite subject.

Currently I am ordering a zillion math texts. Trying to pick a new math curriculum! Not easy.

Stopping by from the Homeschool Crew. Have a great day!