Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Morning Project: Cooking for 4-H Breads Contest










I love to cook. I enjoy having my children in the kitchen with me, and the kitchen is full of wonderful educational opportunities. Tonight is the annual 4-H Bread Contest, so instead of doing our "regular" morning work, we spent the morning making yeast bread, dinner rolls, and cinnamon rolls. It was a bit chaotic of course with so many little ones in the kitchen. Chelsea of course can cook on her own, and she was very gracious to let Christian help her. I held Lily while I helped Nick read his recipe and then helped Alex read and measure out his ingredients. We also had some good discussions about yeast and how it works, kitchen safety, and fractions. It was a lot of fun, and the kitchen smells really good. We will find out tonight how everyone did.

No comments: