Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tasty Tuesday: Snickerdoodles

You probably know by now that I love to bake. It actually gets worse when I am pregnant. I don't know if it is a nesting instinct or a deep seeded craving, but at least once a week I get an incredible urge to bake something. Cookies are one of my favorite things to make because they are quick and easy. I planned on making Snickerdoodles today because I knew we had all of the ingredients, but when I opened my cookbook, that particular page was missing. I hopped on the Internet and googled Snickerdoodles and found this recipe on www.popularcookierecipes.com


1/2 cup butter softened
1 C sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
4 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. Beat the butter on medium speed for one minute. Add the 1 C sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour. Combine 4 Tbsp sugar and cinnamon. Shape the dough into I in balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place two inches apart on cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.

No comments: