Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I am Not Tired!


"I am not tired, I do not need a nap!" Lately I have been hearing these words more and more often from Anthony (3). But, every day after lunch while watching his before nap show he has been laying on the floor or the couch yawning. Today he grabbed his Spider man blanket, climbed up on the couch, covered up, and said,"I am not sleepy." (yeah right) I find it ironic that the little ones fight to go to sleep, and the grown-ups can't wait until it is nap and or bed time. I would LOVE to take a nap every day and would definitely not argue if someone told me too. I know Anthony's nap days are coming to an end. Nick and Alex both gave up naps before they were 4, but for now we are sticking with the naps, even when I get a little argument.

2 comments:

6intow said...

We definitely enjoy that irony in our house, too. Sometimes in fun we will say something about going to bed early and the kids see it as punishment while the adults see it as a treat!

~Erin

MamaHen said...

This mommy loves those naps. My toddler is very good about his naps and I still make by bigger kids take rest time each day. That way I can at least sit down in the recliner and I usually do doze for a little while. I do wish someone would walk in with a pillow and blankie and demand I take a nap!