Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Shoe Monster

The sock monster has been a frequent visitor in our house. As a matter of fact I can't ever remember folding a basket of socks where some-one's sock did not come up missing. I am not sure if the monster strikes before the socks go into the washer, while they are in the washer, or after they come out of the dryer, but I know it is not picky and loves all of our socks.
Quite recently, our house is being visited by the shoe monster. We have a bench in our hallway to keep the children shoes in, and underneath the bench we line up the bigger people's shoes. For the last week or so, every time we need our shoes, either one of Christian's or mine is missing. Now, unlike the sock monster, the shoe monster does not make the shoes disappear completely never to return again. Instead, the shoe monster moves the shoes out from underneath the bench and puts them in a different part of the house. I have found one of Christian's shoes under the island in the kitchen, in the bath-tub, under the couch cushion, and in the high chair. My missing shoe is not usually that hard to find (probably because it is so much bigger) but it is never where I left it. I don't know if I will ever solve the Mystery of the Shoe Monster (maybe we will write a book about it ) but I guess I should be glad that that is the biggest mystery we have to solve.
Is there anybody else out there whose house is frequented by the shoe monster, the sock monster, or some other mysterious creature?

No comments: