Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Anthony!




I can't believe that Anthony is three already! I remember when we found out we were expecting him. The whole family had a stomach virus, but when everyone else started feeling better I wasn't. Surprise! We called him baby " Olive " because the ultrasound tech said that at 8 weeks he was the size of an olive. I had a very easy pregnancy, but I knew from the beginning that he was going to be a big baby. I wasn't any bigger than with my other children, but he felt huge to me. Chelsea was 8lbs 8oz, Nick was 8lbs 6 oz, and Alex was 8 lbs 7 0z, so it stood to reason that he was going to be a good size. We decided we did not want to find out if he was a boy or a girl, but 10 days before I had him my doctor sent me for an ultrasound to check my fluid and the tech said, "Well it is still a boy." I was so upset, but she felt terrible for letting it slip. When we were leaving to go to the hospital I asked my mom how big she thought the baby would be and she guessed 8 and 1/2 pounds, I guessed 9. My labor was pretty uneventful (besides the nurses thinking I was crazy for wanting to have him natural I will write a post about that another time.) All of the nurses has been warned that I tend to have babies pretty quickly (Nick and Alex only took 2 hours and 15 minutes) so they were prepared. It always confuses me why they wait until the very last second to call the doctor. My doctor was sleeping in a room down the hall (it was 1:30 am) and I told the nurse I had to push. The doctor came running while the nurse kept saying, "Don't push yet." (yea right, you try to stop it.) I pushed twice and there was a beautiful, huge baby boy. The cord was around his neck, but he was crying like crazy and kicking his arms and legs. He was 9lbs 5 oz and 22 inches long! The nursery nurses took the newborn diapers away and brought in some size 1's. He was finally here, our newest miracle.




Today my little Pea Pod is three years old and playing He- Man the most powerful man in the universe. I took the picture of him with his sword on his back riding on his mighty Battle Cat (I turned the rocking horse into Battle Cat after Anthony wanted Christian to play him so Anthony could ride on his back.) Anthony says it is not his birthday he is not getting presents and not eating chocolate cake. I bet he'll change his mind when we get to the campground and he gets to see his brothers and sisters again and we give him the cake and presents. Happy Birthday Anthony!

No comments: