Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 14, 2008

Chick-fil-A

Today the boys and I took Chelsea to church camp for the week. We had to drive about 1hr and 15 min and we get to do it again when we pick her up on Friday. (I was not crazy about her going but she really wanted to, the days won't go by fast enough for me) Anyway, after being in the car for such a long time I wanted to take the boys somewhere they could play and we could eat. We passed two McDonald's of course, but we are no longer patronizing them after we learned about their sponsorship of the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. Then we came across Chick-fil-A. We had never eaten there before but they had an indoor play place so we went in. The restaurant was very clean and we were greeted as soon as we walked in. After we ordered, they carried my tray to the table for me (a wonderful plus for a woman carrying a baby with three other young children in tow.) The food was great and reasonably priced. The boys had a great time playing and there was an attendant in the dining room to clear the table when we were getting ready to go. The boys had a choice of the prize with their nuggets, or they could turn it in for an ice-cream cone (one less thing I have to throw away later.) It was a great experience and we will definitely continue to patronize Chick-fil-A.

3 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

LOVE Chik Fil A! Thanks for letting me know about McDonald's. Yuck. Lori

6intow said...

Chick Fil A was a great choice! We don't have any near us, but I found this on wikipedia, to confirm rumors I had heard:
"Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy is a devout Southern Baptist who has taught Sunday School for over 44 years and whose religious beliefs permeate the company to this day. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

Sorry, that was kind of long. I was disappointed to learn in my research that McDonald's also owns Boston Market and Chipotle grill. Those I will actually miss. Keep spreading the news!

~Erin

What were up to said...

I wish we had a Chik Fil A that would be of great with four little ones.