Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 12

 I think my laptop is trying to die on me.  I really need it to last at least another year!

We did not inform the dog that there was going to be a time change and that we would get an "extra" hour of sleep this morning.  So she woke me up at 5:30 instead of 6:30.  I remember when I had little babies and small children it was always the same way.  It messed up the entire day.  Emmie just told me she is starving (it should be almost supper time but with the time change it is not), so it does affect the everyone else as well, just not as bad as young children.

Week 12 in our Homeschool

P.E.: I excused myself from P.E. this week because I had horrible back pain for about 4 days and I have no idea why, so I watched the children do Family Time Fitness.

Read Aloud: We finished the biography on Milton Hershey (now everyone wants to take a field trip to Hershey Pennsylvania) and read chapter one of  Ronald Reagan Destiny on His Side.  For our before bed stories we are reading the American Girl story Lady Margaret's Ghost and just finished The UnMapped Sea.  One more Incorrigible book to go and maybe we will finally know all of the answers!

History: We completed lessons 16 and 17 in America's Story on Tumultuous Times and Changing Times.  One of the things they discussed was the space race so we watched the movie Hidden Figures.

Science:  We started lesson 8 on the Cardiovascular System in Apologia Exploring Human Anatomy and made a model of the heart using cardboard, paint, toothpicks, and marshmallows.  We made a similar model a few years ago but it used graham crackers and frosting and was edible.




Music Appreciation:  We finished chapter 17 in Music Appreciation I on Tempo and Camille Saint-Saens The Carnival of Animals.

Spelling/Reading: The boys completed step 27 in AAS 5 and Emmie completed lessons 15,16,17 in AAR Level 2.

Language Arts: Christian and Anthony wrote key word outlines and paragraphs on Genghis Khan.  Next week I am going to add a literature study for them to do as well.  For Lily too.  And I would like to add poetry back in to our day. Lily and Emmie completed 4 lessons in their language arts books.

Math: They completed 4 lessons in MLFLE.  Anthony only has 4 lessons left in his book so I need to get something ordered for him this week.

Other Activities this Week:

Chelsea has started substitute teaching at some of the areas schools so we are babysitting Liam a few days a week.  This week we had him Monday and Thursday.

Nick and Alex have to wear sunglasses when they are outside, so Liam wanted to wear some too.
Trying to keep Liam busy when I was reading aloud.


Monday was a stay home day!

Tuesday the girls had gymnastics and we went Trick or Treating on  the Trick or Treat Trail (our town does changes Halloween if it falls on a Sunday or Wednesday because of church activities.)

Wednesday was Kid's Club and Children's Choir.  Our pastor does the Bible lesson with the children and he goes all out to make it a memorable lesson.  He built a lion's den and brought a lion costume to teach the lesson of Daniel in the Lion's Den.



When we got home Wednesday it was storming really bad and our power was out.  We usually watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown on Halloween so I put it into the computer and we watched on it.  We got power back right a bedtime.

Thursday was piano and dance.

Friday was another stay at home day.  Two in one week!!

Saturday was the BEST Robotics competition in Little Rock so we were gone from 6 in the morning til 8 that night.  It was a long day!! Nick's team did really well winning  2nd for robot performance, 3rd for spirit and sportsmanship, and they also won an award for best programming.  Instead of supper we went through the Drive Thru for ice cream :)








I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: