Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 13, 2018

May Nature Seekers 4 H Meeting

For this month's meeting, we had planned on giving Frisbee Golf a try.  Our park just put in a course and even though I know nothing about it it sounded like fun and the children wanted to try it.  But the night before the meeting when Nick got home right when I was putting the children to bed he told me that the park was hosting a state softball tournament the next two days, so I decided to come up with a plan B at the last minute.  I found an art project on Pinterest that I had pinned a few months ago that only needed a few supplies (I only had a few minutes to grab them between piano and 4 h) and looked like something the children would enjoy doing, so we went with that.  And planned a picnic and Frisbee Golf for June.

For our craft, I found some cheap (3 for $1.97) flat canvases at Walmart and bought two colors of spray paint.  I had string at the house and a few colors of spray paint and one of the other families had some spray paint as well.  After conducting our pledges and meeting business, we went to work on the craft.

The idea was to create some kind of design on the canvas using string.  Then we spray painted over the string with the colors the children chose and left them in the sun for about 10 minutes.  After they dried they removed the string and had a really cool string design.  They can enter these projects in the fair in the fall.







No comments: