Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 33

Happy Mother's Day!  I love being a mom and am so thankful that God blessed me with my wonderful children!

 First bloom on one of my rose bushes.


I do not like walking in tall grass, mostly because I am afraid of snakes.  I never even used to like seeing snakes at all even if they were behind glass, but children that are fascinated by reptiles caused me to have to get over that.  I still however do not like to see them outside.  At all.  Anyway, the other day I noticed an issue with a rabbit cage and the boys had not done any weed eating around there yet.  So I put on my rubber garden shoes and went out to take care of it.  The whole time I was thinking Please do not let me see a snake.  I completed my task and went inside.  About an hour later Nick went out to weed eat and about 10 steps from where I had been standing was a Copperhead! They took care of it.  We have only seen 2 others in our yard in the 11 years we have lived here and I hope to never see another one.  I told Art later that I realized I should have been praying please son't let there be a snake but if there is a snake, please let me see it! 

Anyway...

Week 33 in our Homeschool

We had a hard time concentrating on school work this week, I think our brains our on summer vacation already!

Bible: We read several lessons in Answers for Kids Vol 3.  I usually do 2 questions or so a day and read the corresponding Scripture.

History:  We read chapters 18, 19, and 20 in America's Story Vol 2 on Alexander Graham Bell and Helen Keller.  We also watched some Youtube videos on Helen Keller.


Music Appreciation: We completed lesson 11 on Tchaikovsky's The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.

Science: We started Chapter 5 on Nutrition.  One of our activities was to test different foods for starch using Iodine.



Art: We made woven crowns for our ARTistic Pursuits Art of the Middle Ages lesson.



Math: They completed 3 lessons in MLFLE.

Language Arts: Emmie's stories were If You Give a Dog a Donut and If You Give a Cat a Cupcake.  Lily's lessons were on the Rough Faced Girl and Christian and Anthony are working through their book study on Hugo Cabret.

Emmie's own circular story.

Spelling/Reading: The boys completed Step 17 of AAS Level 5.  Emmie completed lesson 52 in AAR Level One.  Only one lesson to go!  She just started picking up books on her own to read on her own this week.  She was reading Go Dog Go to Liam the other day.
 He didn't sit long enough though...

Other Activities this Week:

Monday the girls had gymnastics.

Tuesday was Chelsea's last day of college for the semester. 

I just love snuggling sleeping babies.


Thursday Lily had piano and then we had our 4 H meeting.



Then we left to go camping!

Camping is A LOT of work, but we do enjoy going.  I sent a text to a friend that said, "All of this relaxing is exhausting!"  We went to Kirby Landing.  It was our first time camping there and it was very nice.  We will be going back again.  The lake water was COLD!  Not that I swim.  I lifeguard from the shore.  But they could only stay in 30 minutes or so the first day we were there before lips were blue and teeth were chattering.  By Saturday they could stay in about an hour.  It was a very nice week-end around 90 each day.

Our site was right on the lake and close to the swim beach.  The children could ride bikes around the circle.  We had to drive to the playground, but I'd rather do that then drive back and forth to the beach all day.

This is a house.  My iPhone could not zoom in far enough to get a good picture of it.



It took them 3 nights to finish their Monopoly game.
 The children were feeding the fish at the marina.



Emmie's big fish.  She ate him for supper.
 The top fish was Art's.  The bottom one was mine.  Biggest fish I've ever caught.  They also got eaten.

 The boys brought a football to play catch at the playground.


Emmie asked me if she could decorate the picnic table with some flowers she picked.  I left them there until we left.






Christian thought he had a big fish but it was a turtle.
 Al cut him free and threw him back.  Art and I caught turtles too.
The children saw this sign and just had to check out the  trail.

 They loved the bridge!


I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: