Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Homeschool Wrap Up Week 20

We missed a morning of school again this week, because I had to go to the dentist.  I took advantage of being in town without the children and Art and I had lunch just the two of us.  The last time we did that was 6 months ago when I had my last dentist appointment.

Week 20 in our Homeschool

Bible: In Windows on the World we read about the Pygmies.  Our Bible memory verse was Matthew 6:25.  Our Bible reading was Matthew 15:1-16:4.

P.E.:  We had one day of yoga and 2 days of Family Time Fitness.

Read Aloud: We read 5 chapters of David Livingstone.  For our afternoon read aloud we finished up The 21 Balloons and started Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine.  In the evening we are still reading The Green Ember.

Poetry: We have memorized all 19 poems in Level 1 of IEW Poetry.  For the 20th assignment you are supposed to choose your own poem.  Instead of a poem we are memorizing Psalm 8.  This will take us several weeks.

E.C.C: We read about Global Positioning and in Children's Atlas of God's World we read a page on Egypt and a page on South Africa.  In the science portion we read about life underground.

Apologia Astronomy: We finished the book!  Yay! 

History: We completed one stop in Passport Ancient Greece.

Art: We did the Creating a Masterpiece sample lesson.  They turned out beautiful!  I can't wait to get access to the site.  We are reviewing it over the next several weeks.

Language Arts: Lily did 4 lessons in Eclectic Foundations Level B (upcoming review.)  The boys did one lesson in Language Lessons for Today and wrote a book report on The 21 Balloons.



Spelling/Reading:  The boys finished Step 21 in AAS Level 3.  In AAR Level 4 they completed lessons 52,53, and 54.  In AAR Level 3 Lily completed lesson 15.

Math: Nick completed lesson 19 in MUS Geometry.  Alex completed 4 lessons in Teaching Textbooks and Christian, Lily, and Anthony completed 4 lessons in Math Lessons for a Living Education.  Anthony and Christian are also working on a Times Alive (upcoming review this week.)

MFW Creation from A to Z:  Emmie started the lesson on "h" for horse.  She did the picture card page, handwriting page, sound discrimination page cut and paste page, and math page.  She also made her horse badge.

Nature Study:  Our nature study topic was Candlemas.

All American History and God's Design in Science: Nick completed lessons8-10 in AAH and through Chapter 7 worksheet 13.

Other Activities this Week:

Tuesday: The girls had gymnastics.


After gymnastics we went and played at the park. It was a beautiful day and there were a lot of people there.  I did not get any pictures because Chelsea went with us and I sat and visited with her while the children played.

Wednesday we had Kid's Club.

Friday we went grocery shopping and ran some errands.

My girls asked me what my favorite toy was when I was little.  I told them that I liked to play with Barbie dolls. They said wow Barbie is really old (really?)  Anyway, I told them that they were much older then me that nana played with them too.  I got out nana's old Barbie dolls to show them.  They were pretty impressed by them.


I restarted our subscription to Tinker Crate.  I really loved the boxes we got last year but we got super busy and could not find the time to read them and put them together so I put it on hold.  This was our first box since I restarted it.  It was a hit!  It was an automaton.  The boys had a great time putting it together and reading the Tinkerzine. The box had a bonus project that they will build this week.




I have a laptop that does not work.  Alex wanted to see what makes it work and see if he could figure out how to fix it.  I think it is way beyond fixing but an educational experience anyway.

The girls found a couple of ornament kits and made those one day this week.


Every time I start a sewing project, Lily wants to help, which means she wants to do it.



I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!


No comments: