Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Our Week in Review (May 30th-June 4th)

The first bit of very exciting news is that my dad had a biopsy last week (he has been battling cancer in his esphagus and larynx) and all of the tissue samples came back benign!  He is cancer free!  Praise God!  He still has some healing to do and will have to have some check ups and scans, but we are so, so thankful!

This was our first official week of summer and it rained pretty much all week. We did do a little school and had some fun activities.

Monday was Memorial Day and daddy was off.  The children wanted to make smores so we lit a fire outside and made smores.  They loved it!

Tuesday for our 4 h meeting we went mini golfing.  There was an 80 percent chance of rain and some huge, black storm clouds as we were getting to the mini golf place.  I told the children to go ahead and get started.  About 30 minutes after we got there it started thundering.  I told them if I saw lightning we would have to head inside.  10 minutes later we saw lightning and it thundered so loud the children came running!  But they had a good time while it lasted!  Lily got a hole in one.  She was very excited!













We made toothbrush robots on Wednesday as part of our #CampSci. I will be writing a complete post on this.  It was a lot of fun!










Wednesday our chickens turned 3 weeks old.  I am hoping to get them moved outside next week.

Friday the girls and I made strawberry freezer jam.



For school work this week we did 3 days of Art Achieve.  The children and I have really been enjoying this!  They have some free lessons on their website if you want to check them out artachieve.com.










We also have been doing VeristasBible.com every day. The robots definitely counted as school work too!  I made some worksheets of the children's names in cursive for Lily, Christian, and Anthony so they could practice.  Then Emmie wanted one too so I did one for her in print.

Our garden is growing.  We were excited to see flowers on our squash and cucumbers this week.  We also have some tiny cherry tomatoes growing, along with the beans I posted pictures of last week.



Next week is Vacation Bible School!

I hope you had a great week!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments: