Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Curriculum Choices for the 2015/2016 Homeschool Year



This year in our homeschool we will have children in Pre-K, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 8th grade.  We will start easing into our new homeschool year next week.  This year is going to be a little different for me because rather than have the younger children listen in to the science and history reading and participate in hands on activities with the older children I have separated the two groups.  The reason I did was because Nick and Alex have been all the way through The Mystery of History I,II,and III plus had a year of American History.  My younger children have only gotten bits and pieces of I,II, and III and had no American History at all.  So I decided to let Alex and Nick finish off the MOH cycle with Vol IV this year and purchased My Father's World Adventures for my 1st,2nd, and 3rd graders.  This way we can start all the younger children over with Creation next year and split Nick off into a High School curriculum. Hopefully it will all still go smoothly when it comes to implementing it all into our school day!

For Everyone:

Bible-We are going to start out the year using Real Life Press The Book of Moses Part 1 for our morning Bible study.

P.E.- I had gotten away from doing daily PE in our homeschool because the children are quite active and many of them play different sports, but we are bringing it back every morning as part of our homeschool.  We will be using Family Time Fitness.

Read Aloud- I read aloud to my children at various times during the day and before bed.  For our school time I will choose different read alouds throughout the year.  We will be starting out with George Muller The Guardian of of Bristol's Orphans.

Art-ARTistic Pursuits



Pre-K

I recently had an opportunity to review Horizons Preschool.  Emelia loves it so she will be continuing on with it this year.


1st Grade

Lillian will be using:

Math- Math U See Alpha
Reading- All About Reading Level 1
Handwriting- PenTime Manuscript Grade 1
History/Science- My Father's World Adventures


3rd Grade

Christian will be using:

Math- Math U See Gamma
Reading- All About Reading Level 2 and moving on to Level 3 as soon as we finish
Handwriting- PenTime Transition
Grammar- IEW Fix It! Grammar The Nose Tree
History/Science- My Father's World Adventures

4th Grade

Anthony will be using:

Math-Math U See Delta
Reading: All About Reading Level 2 and moving on to Level 3 as soon as we finish
Handwriting-PenTime Transition
Grammar IEW Fix It! Grammar The Nose Tree
History/Science-My Father's World Adventures



6th Grade

Alex will be using:

Math: Math U See Epsilon
History/Geography- The Mystery of History Vol IV
Science- Apologia Exploring Creation with Anatomy and Physiology
Grammar- IEW Fix It! Grammar Robin Hood
Literature/Writing- Progeny Press Literature Guides mixed in with some IEW writing assignments

Spelling- I love All About Spelling and it has made such a huge impact in my homeschool!  Alex still needs spelling instruction but also would like to be able to work independently.  So I am trying IEW Phonetic Zoo Level B (upcoming review) and if it doesn't work as well we will go back to AAS.

Latin- Visual Latin

8th Grade

Nick will be using:

Math- Math U See Algebra 1
History- The Mystery of History Vol IV
Science- Apologia Exploring Creation With Anatomy and Physiology
Grammar- IEW Fix It! Robin Hood
Literature- Illuminating Literature When Worlds Collide
Latin- Visual Latin


Plus whatever review items come our way.



I am excited about our upcoming learning adventure!

Happy Homeschooling!


No comments: