Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Favorite Recipes: Homemade Chicken Nuggets

One of my children asked if we could make our own chicken nuggets, so I checked out some recipes and we tried them yesterday.  Wow!  Much, much better than the frozen kind and easy to make.  A little more expensive.  I doubled the recipe and spent around $7 for the boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  The 6  big chicken breasts I used made more than enough for the 9 of us with leftovers for lunch today.  The other ingredients I already had on hand.  I served them with broccoli and rice.

3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into one inch chunks
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted butter


Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.  Dip chicken into butter and then cover with bread crumb mixture. Place on a cookie sheet.  Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees turning nuggets over after 10 minutes.

No comments: