Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Favorite Recipes: Beef and Bean Skillet

I really need to start taking some pictures to go along with these recipes.  I will try to remember to start doing that.  I am always looking for new recipes, and this time of year ones that I can trade the beef for venison.  We get a lot of deer steaks every year, and I like to find new ways to eat them.  I found this recipe and it was really good (the children were not that thrilled with the beans especially when the little ones were told beans are gross, gotta love big siblings sometimes.)  We really liked it.  I served it with some homemade biscuits and fruit.


1 1/2 lb sirloin steak cut into small pieces (I used deer steaks)
2 slices chopped bacon ( I used turkey bacon)
1 red pepper chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 can pinto beans (rinsed)
1 can butter beans (rinsed)
3/4 cup BBQ sauce

Cook steak in a deep skillet 3 min or until no longer pink.  Remove from pan.  Add bacon and cook 1 min.  Add onions and peppers and mix well.  Cook until bacon is done and veggies are tender.  Add beans and BBQ sauce to skillet and simmer 5 minutes.  Add steaks back to skillet and cook another 5 minutes.  Serve.

No comments: