Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 20, 2012

First Homeschool Art Class of the New Year

Today was our first Homeschool Art Class since November.  Our teacher had been ill and was unable to teach for 8 weeks.  The children have really missed it and were really looking forward to going today.  Unfortunately, Lily started running a temperature of 102 in the middle of the night.  The only other time she has ever run fever is the only time she has ever had an ear infection, and with it being Friday I decided she needed to go to the doctor.  Fortunately, they had a 10 am appointment available and Art Class is literally right across the street from the doctor's office.  I sent Chelsea, Nick, Alex, and Anthony to class and took Lily, Emelia, and Christian to the doctor with me.  Luckily she did not have an ear infection and her lungs were clear.  So it seems she just has this upper respiratory stuff that has been going around.  The little ones and I had to run into Walmart very quickly (even though I hate taking sick kids to Walmart) to get Tylenol, tissues, and refills for our Pediacare plug ins, and got back to Art Class about 30 minutes early.  The children were finishing up with their projects so they cleaned up and we headed home.  I did not get to take pictures of them in class, but I did take a picture of the three different projects they worked on today.

No comments: