Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beef Stew Recipe

I have always made Beef Stew in the Crock pot using beef gravy, carrots, potatoes, and onion.  But, I was looking for some new recipes that I could use our deer meat in and came across this beef stew recipe.  It was delicious and so easy to make!  The leftovers were great too.

I doubled everything except the meat

2 lb boneless roast cut into one inch chunks (I used venison tenderloin steaks)
2 cups water
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
6 carrots peeled and cut unto 1 in pieces (I used baby carrots)
3 baking potatoes peeled and sliced
1 onion chopped
1/4 cup steak sauce

Bring meat, water, barbecue sauce to a boil in a dutch oven or large skillet.  Cover and simmer for one hour on med low heat.  Stir in all of your vegetables cover and simmer for another hour til veggies are tender stirring occasionally.  Add in steak sauce, cook 2 minutes, and serve.

No comments: