Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week 35 Pregnancy Update

I am now 35 weeks and 4 days and cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going by! I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything is looking good. I feel great (although enormous!) I still have lots of energy and am starting to get things ready for this little girl to arrive. I gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks, baby measured for 36 weeks and my blood pressure and her heart rate were perfect. I had my test for Group B Strep and even though have tested positive for it in the past and have had to be on IV antibiotics during labor, that doesn't mean I will test positive again this time. I am dilated to 1 1/2 cm and 40 percent effaced which doesn't really mean anything other than my body is getting ready to have a baby in a few weeks. The doc said baby's head is down which I already knew due to the feet that are always under my ribs! The only trouble I am having is that the baby is pressing on my sciatic nerve in my back (Lily did the same thing) which causes pain in my back and right leg especially when mopping, vacuuming, cleaning the bath tub etc..so I have started recruiting some help in these areas. We are very excited to be counting down the next couple of weeks when we will get to meet and hold our new baby sister!

6 comments:

kathleen said...

oh that sciatic nerve! I think mine is permanently damaged from all my epidurals! Well I am living through you with your baby girl soon to be here...can't wait to "meet" her either. I love the end, when baby is coming soon, and it's time to get things ready. What a joyful time for everyone...wish I could hold her when she gets here!

the Mcclanahan 7 said...

Congratulations! Babies are such a blessing.

Kimberly said...

That's so exciting, Lisa! I loved being pregnant, especially feeling when baby had the hiccups LOL :)

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

Kathleen I wish you could too! We miss you guys! Maybe we will see each other again before all of our kids are grown up!


Kimberly,
I love the hiccups too and so do the older children when they get to feel the baby having hiccups! Thanks for stopping by.

Lynn said...

congratulations on your new upcoming arrival. I've enjoyed reading your blog. Stopping by from the TOS Blog Walk...

Lorus! said...

Blog Walking - oh and I follow your blog, so I read it anyway! :)
I'm glad things are going well with your pregnancy. Sciatic nerve pain is no fun!