Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Again!

I really should add some pictures. Maybe in a little while when the kids go outside to play (I'm sure they will.) It snowed again yesterday! Not a surprise to some of you being it is winter and all, but this is Arkansas and it has never snowed this much here in the 8 years we have been here. It snowed for 12 hours yesterday and there is a possibility of more this week. Actually, to be honest the snow made me really nervous yesterday. I know I was born and raised in WNY, but this is not New York. We do not have salt trucks and snow plows to clear the roads. Art went to work yesterday morning in the truck because the car needs new tires and he didn't want to take my van in case of an emergency or I went into labor. He slid several times on the way in and there were several cars in ditches. The roads got worse as he got closer to town and him and a friend ended up helping a lady who was stuck in the snow. I sat here with the children watching a movie because we could not go the grocery store and watched the snow continue to fall and the roads were completely covered. I was very glad when Art got home form work and brought some bread, milk, and diapers. The children were happy to grab their winter gear and sled and take a few rides down the front hill. Even though it is fun for the children I am ready for Spring!

5 comments:

Just an Average American Mom said...

We are in the same boat around here!!

We are Northerners but in the south people are just not prepared for this type of snow.

STay warm and have fun with all that snow!

Unknown said...

Considering the picture in your blog title is so sunny and beautiful, it's hard to believe that it's winter now there. :)

Anyway, I'm stopping by from our TOS forum to let you know that you're in our Blog Walk this week!

Blessings.

momofmanybentzs said...

Hello - as a fellow transplanted Arkansasan - I'm feeling your pain with this snow! Where in AR are you, I'm in Conway... nice to see your blog - congrats on the newest blessing!

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

We are about an hour or so south of Hot Springs AR. Thanks for stopping by!

Kimberly said...

We've had some unexpected snow here in SC too - hope y'all stay warm and safe!