Our Family

Our Family

Friday, November 19, 2010

One Week Until Black Friday

Yes, yes, I am one of those crazy people who are out standing in line while it's still dark with hundreds of other people to score whatever "deals" manufacturers have come up with to boost this year's Christmas Sales. Why? I love shopping and want to be able to get the best deal available on the gifts I am purchasing for my family and it really is fun. Now I know some of you think I am crazy and would rather pay twice the money then be out at 3:00 am on the Friday after Thanksgiving. But, for those of you who are trying to plan ahead and are going out shopping next Friday morning check out this website. Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us and a few other ads are already posted on this site. While I think it is more fun to have the sale papers in my hand I did take a look to get an idea of what the "hot" deals are going to be this year. The sales are starting earlier than usual too. Toys R Us is opening at 10:00 pm Thanksgiving night, Old Navy at midnight, Kohls at 3 am (I love Kohls!), Target at 4 (they have never opened before 7) and Walmart at 5:00 am. I am hoping to start and finish all of my shopping on this day. Also, Walmart will price match competitors ads even on Black Friday (double check on that before you go just in case they have changed since last year.) Honestly, I think Black Friday shopping is easiest at Walmart. If your store is open 24 hours, you can go inside at any time and do not have to wait in the cold. They usually have a pretty good amount of each sale item and give you a map showing where everything is located. Last year, for electronics and big ticket items, they gave you a ticket when you got in line so you knew whether or not you were going to get the item. If you got out of line you lost your place and your ticket would go to someone else. It made for a much easier shopping experience. So those of you who are shopping get out your comfy shoes, grab your coffee (or hot chocolate if you can't drink coffee like me) (I heard Starbucks wasn't opening until 5) and have fun shopping!

Editing this to add: Many of Walmart's sales are starting at 12:01 am on Friday with only a few of the big ticket electronics going on sale at 5:00 am. Looks like I am taking a nap Thursday afternoon so I can start my shopping at 10 pm Thursday night.

2 comments:

kathleen said...

I never go black friday shopping and I don't even know why?! You would think I do, cause as I know you know, lots of children equals lots of money! You'll probably score the entire Christmas list for everybody for an amazingly low price. Well I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that you have a wonderful time shopping on Friday....I love Christmas time, it's such a joy! Oh and I love thanksgiving too of course.

Lorus! said...

Well, I'd say that I'll be thinking of you while you're out shopping, but it'd be a lie! I'll be sound asleep, hoping to stay in bed until at least 8am! Have fun shopping!