Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

She's Decided to be Done Nursing



Well Lily (18 months) is officially done nursing. It has been 5 days since she has asked to nurse. Even though I really felt ready to stop it still makes me kind of sad. Never again will her and I share that bond. I am very glad that besides a little distraction during the day, I let her lead the way. It was not a traumatic experience for either of us. Over the last couple of weeks she had been nursing less during the day. Then she stopped nursing before she went to sleep. That just left the middle of the night nursing and a little extra during the day for a few days that she wasn't feeling well. Then one night she just didn't wake up to nurse and she hasn't tried to since. Since she has been nursing less and less over the last couple of weeks, my milk supply had gradually decreased, so it wasn't traumatic for me at all either. My sweet little princess is growing up so fast!

No comments: