Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lack of Cooking Inspiration

You may have noticed that I have not been posting my usual weekly recipes. Over the last couple of months I have been battling 24/7 pregnancy nausea. Trying to even come up with a meal plan let alone cook it has been quite a challenge. We have been eating pretty much the same thing over and over again because my family is at the mercy of whatever I can cook/eat. They have been wonderful though and I haven't received any complaints so far. This week I have started feeling a little better. Although the nausea is still coming in waves, it is not there constantly. My goal in the next couple of weeks is to get some inspiration back into my meal planning. We are in the midst of soccer season, on the run quite a bit and I would like to do a bit better than cold sandwiches or French Toast. I am on the hunt for quick and easy recipes that will feed a crowd (8 really is a crowd) who is on the run. I will hopefully be posting some new recipes very soon. If anyone has a great recipe for us to try to get some life back into my cooking, leave me a comment and let me know.

1 comment:

What were up to said...

Hi Lisa
couple of our staple quick meals actually came from Linda it’s a home made sauce
1can tomato soup
1 can tomato sauce
1 can of Stewed Tomatoes
1/4 cup or to taste of sugar.
Blend in your blender

We use this with goulash- cooked elbow noodles, 1lb of cooked burger we use a lot of venison burger in this mix sauce noodles and burger and then we sprinkle mozz. Cheese over it.

Lasagna casserole cooked elbow noodles mix in one egg, 8 oz ricotta cheese 8 oz of cottage cheese spread in cake pan sprinkle the top with burger pour sauce over it cook 350 for 45 min. We also use it on home made pizza.