Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Cinnamon Rolls

I like to make Cinnamon Rolls on Saturday night for a quick and easy breakfast on Sunday morning. I used to do this every week before I was pregnant, but I got away from it for a little while. Last week-end my oven and stove were out of commission so it was cold cereal for us, but the week before I made Cinnamon Rolls using part of my old recipe and combining it with part of the recipe for A Better Cinnamon Roll in Family Fun magazine. These were the best cinnamon rolls I have ever made.

In the Bread Machine:

3/4 cup warm milk
1 large egg
4 TBSP butter
3 cups flour ( I use 1 1/2 cups whole wheat and 1 1/2 cups all purpose)
3 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast

Put on dough setting and let rise. When cycle is finished place on floured surface and knead for 1 minute then let rest for 15. Roll dough out into a rectangle. Then spread on your filling.

For the filling combine:

4 TBSP softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP cinnamon

Roll up the dough to make a long cylinder and pinch the ends closed, then cut into one inch pieces. Place in a greased 9x13 pan and let rise 30-45 minutes. Bake in a 375 oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool for about 15 minutes then drizzle with icing. I let them cool then cover them to wait and ice in the morning.

Icing:

1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 TBSP milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

If the icing is too thick to drizzle add a little extra milk a drop at a time until it is the right consistency

2 comments:

GammySel said...

Those sound so good. My bread machine died not too long ago.. so I dont have one for the moment. I have been making bread through my Kitchen aide mixer.. Thank God for that.

Have you ever made homemade crackers?
They are so good!
Angie

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

my kitchen aide mixer is my favorite appliance. I have never made my own crackers. Is it easy?